This interactive workshop helps treatment courts identify, understand, and address racial disparities using the data your program already collects. Participants will learn how to ensure equivalent access and retention, as well as how understanding racial disparities can maximize the effectiveness of treatment, incentives, sanctions, and service adjustments.
This highly dynamic workshop relies on group decision making and consensus to create individualized action plans for eliminating bias in your program. Participants will receive expanded knowledge on the elimination of bias with the goal of improving outcomes.
Before You Apply
What you need to apply:
- Commitment to participate from the full treatment court team (at minimum: judge, prosecutor, defense counsel, court coordinator, community supervision, substance use treatment provider, and law enforcement)
- Recent data on your program population
- Completion of an online pre-training evaluation
- Understanding the impact of bias on your program
- Adjusting your target population to ensure equivalent access
- Facilitated action planning
- And more!
Applications for 2023 are now closed. Stay tuned for 2024!
There is no cost to your jurisdiction for this workshop. This program is supported by the Office of National Drug Control Policy, Executive Office of the President.
Chief of Training and Research, All Rise
Adult Treatment Court Best Practice Standards
Gender Identity and the Participant of Transgender Experience in Treatment Court
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Questioning Participants in Treatment Court
Sample Document: Intake Script and Brochure
Equity and Inclusion Assessment Tool
Equity and Inclusion Toolkit
Journal for Advancing Justice Vol. I: Identifying and Rectifying Racial, Ethnic and Gender Disparities in Treatment Courts
Sample Document: Integrated Case Plan
Introducing the Equity and Inclusion Assessment Tool
How To Identify and Host an Advisory Board
How To Organize and Conduct a Focus Group