Equity and Inclusion Training: How To Organize and Conduct a Focus Group
Presenter: Dr. Anne Janku, All Rise consultant
The All Rise Equity and Inclusion Toolkit recommends treatment courts conduct focus groups to better understand the experiences of staff, participants, and community members. In this webinar, participants will learn how to prepare, organize, and conduct a focus group.
By the end of the training session, team members will understand:
- Whom to invite, how many, and how to facilitate the discussion.
- The role of the facilitator and where to hold the focus group.
- How to record the discussion and what to expect from participants.
- How to formulate the discussion questions and length of time to hold the focus group.
- How to engage participants, analyze the discussion content, and obtain useful results.