Equity and Inclusion Training Series: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Questioning Participants in Treatment Court
Presenter: Kim Monique-Johnson, Inner Visions Consulting, LLC
Treatment courts will learn to understand the specific needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and questioning (LGBQ) participants to remove access barriers and individualize treatment plans. This module will address cultural competency by developing health literacy skills in speaking about sexual orientation and issues of cultural humility such as identifying and stopping microaggressions and collecting accurate data.
By the end of the training session, team members will be able to:
- Identify where disparities occur with LGBQ individuals in court and treatment.
- Define sexual orientation.
- Explain the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Identify the treatment needs of LGBQ participants.
- Recognize specific barriers to meeting the needs of LGBQ participants.
- Identify specific strategies to overcome the barriers to LGBQ success.