This training is designed for established DWI or hybrid courts seeking to fine-tune their program to ensure it meets the latest evidence-based best practice standards. Tune-up trainings will improve outcomes in your program by expanding your team’s knowledge and skills. Programs must have been in operation for at least two years to be considered.
Each two-day training session is conducted in your home jurisdiction and facilitated by seasoned experts with years of experience in DWI courts. Participating teams will review the critical foundational practices of successful programs, gain advanced knowledge leading to higher success rates, and learn about innovative treatment practices.
Before You Apply
What you need to apply:
- A letter of support from your state treatment court coordinator or state highway safety office
- A letter of commitment from the program’s presiding judge
- Commitment to participate from the full court team (at minimum: judge, prosecutor, defense counsel, court coordinator, community supervision, substance use treatment provider, law enforcement, and evaluator)
- One point of contact for all training coordination
- Pre-training assessment and orientation
- The latest in incentives, sanctions, and therapeutic adjustments
- Team communication improvement strategies
- Facilitated action planning
- And more!
Available Training Dates
We work with state leadership to award this training to a state. State awards for a particular year are named early in the calendar year. If your jurisdiction could benefit from this training, please contact your state treatment court coordinator to encourage their participation.
There is no cost to your jurisdiction for this training. This program is supported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Applications are coordinated through either your state highway safety office or state administrative office of the court. We encourage you to reach out and let them know you would like this training.
Project Director, Impaired Driving Solutions