This training is designed to give adult treatment courts the tools necessary to build a program to meet the needs of individuals across the risk-and-need spectrum. Attendees of this training will learn how to build new tracks in existing treatment courts effective for those outside the high-risk/high-need population.
Conducted by seasoned treatment court practitioners, this training is the foundation for implementing the proven best practices that improve outcomes among all risk and need populations. This live, virtual training is presented over two days.
Before You Apply
What you need to apply:
- Commitment from the full treatment court team to attend both days of the training (at minimum: judge, prosecutor, defense counsel, court coordinator, community supervision, substance use treatment provider, and law enforcement)
- A fully operational treatment court for at least two years
- One point of contact for all training coordination
- An overview of the multi-track treatment court model
- How to select flexible clinical and risk assessment tools
- Developing phases for all risk and need types
- And more!
Available Training Dates
- February 21-22, 2023 (Central)
- June 7-8, 2023 (Central)
- August 23-24, 2023 (Eastern)
- October 10-11, 2023 (Mountain)
There is no cost to your jurisdiction for this training. This program is supported by the Bureau of Justice Assistance within the Office of Justice Programs at the U.S. Department of Justice.
This training is closed. Stay tuned for more opportunities to receive this training.
Director, Treatment Court Institute